flashing ticker
To interact with this page you must login.      Signup
ask a person to answer this questionAsk to answer

Who created the universe and why does it exist?
tynamite's avatar I'm an atheist so I don't believe in God.

Either the universe will exist eternally and will expand forever (unlikely) or after it finishes expanding because of The Big Bang it will eventually collapse into a singularity in The Big Crunch (likely). I think we live in a cyclic universe that keeps creating and destroying itself infinitely. A new Big Bang will happen so we could be living in the 1st or 1000th universe.

I don't believe in free will. I think that free will is an illusion. I believe that everything is predetermined. From the moment the big bang happened, all future events were set in stone.

My reasons why I don't believe in free will is here.

I have my theory for how the universe came into existence.

I think that the universe is a probability matrix.

There is randomness in order. When a sperm fertilises an egg, there is a chance that the baby will only get genes from one of the parents, but that chance is the chance of winning the lottery 12 times in a row. There is randomness in order.

The Big Bang happened because before that happened, the pre-universe calculated all the possible combinations of events and the probability of it happening, and the events that were more likely to happen were more likely to happen, and the events that were less likely to happen were less likely to happen.

So once all the probabilities of all possible events were calculated in a casual way (meaning that it followed on from previous events), and a script for the universe was written by rolling an infinite amount of dice, the pre-universe pressed play and ran the script.

For example, if you only have £1 to spend on food, there is a 90% chance you'll spend it on chips, and a 10% chance you'll spend it on biscuits. Buying a £2.50 7 inch pizza will not happen and the chance of someone giving you £1.50 so you can buy a pizza or finding money on the ground is 0.01%. Simple, right? The probability in the pre-universe of calculating your DNA and brain structure to the way it is now, is much more complicated.

This does not mean that I believe in 11 dimensions or the many world's interpretation of quantum mechanics. I do not believe in there being infinite universes. I do not believe in a universe where objects appear out of thin air. I do not believe there's a universe where I'm a millionaire, dictator, illustrator or actor etc. I believe in a casual universe so every event that happens is caused by a previous event.

I believe that there is only one universe. There is no evidence for inflation theory. There is also no evidence that this universe exists inside a black hole. Just that the universe is a probability matrix, even though there is no infinite universes with every possible outcome in one of them.


I now think one of two possibilities. Either The Big Bang determined all future events and everything is predetermined, or The Big Bang is a probability matrix and your brain is too.

Imagine if every time you make a decision, 60% of the factors come from The Big Bang, and 40% of the factors come from your consciousness. I like what Jungle told me. The future is not blank and you write it. Instead the future is already written and you rewrite the future.
report this post permalink
What's an assertion, and what should I type in?

Compesh is a question and answer (and debate) website, so before you make a debate, you better learn what an assertion is. I suppose you already know what a question is, and that you've typed it in the box. ;)

An assertion, is basically a statement you can make, that is either true or false.

Richer people have better health.

The question for that would be, Do richer people have better health?

And don't forget to make your assertion, match your question.

Compesh logo